Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Challenge at Let's Scrap!

I was so excited to post my first challenge over at Let's Scrap as a Design Team Member.  I hope you get to play along!!   My challenge (Challenge #49) is all about making your titles POP!  I feel like that is always the last thing I think about on my scrapbook pages and I often rush to get my title done.  I want to jazz mine up a little and thought this would be the perfect place to start!

So, here is your challenge:  Create a layout using one of our LS Sketches and add a little pizazz to your title!  You must choose at least FOUR of the following to use with your title:

1)  Use multiple colors on your title
2)  Replace a letter in the title with something else (such as a button, heart, ribbon, etc.)
3)  Use paint on your title
4)  Emboss your title
5)  Use stitching on your title
6)  Use bling on your title
7)  Use metal on your title
8)  Use punctuation mark(s) or number(s) in your title
9)  Use ribbon on your title
10) Distress your title (sand, ink, etc.)

My layout has a picture of my son and our sweet dog Pickles that we had to put to sleep a few years ago.  They were just hanging out in the backyard and looked soooo cute!  Here it is:

 And here's a close-up of the title.

Here's how I met the challenge and spiced up my title:
1)  I used multiple colors
2)  I used ribbon
3)  I used metal (brad)
4) I embossed the title (it's hard to see in photo - but "cute" is embossed)
5)  I used punctuation in my title.

You have until 11:59 pm "Let's Scrap Time" on May 13th to upload your layout to the Let's Scrap Gallery.  Make sure to tag your layout challenge49 plus the sketch you used.  (Example:  challenge49, 3-31-10)  I have a fun travel-themed scrapbook kit from Colorbok to give away to the lucky winner!

How do you like to jazz up your title?

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Great title.
They are soooo cute!

Scarlett said...

Your LO is dog gone cute Cori!!! What an adorable lil' guy you have there! Love how you jazzed up your title! The embossing looks great!