Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Little Valentine's Treat


If you're hopping over for the Let's Scrap Blog Hop Challenge, click here!

Have you seen the yummy inspiration over at Stampin' Celebration this week?!  If not, here it is:


When I saw this photo, there were so many things I wanted to create!  Cupcakes, hearts, Valentine's - I was so inspired!  I needed to make some Valentine treats so I pulled out my NEW (to me) Matchbox Die for my Big Shot.  I've really been wanting to make some of the little matchboxes with covered chocolate nuggets inside that I've seen all over blogland.  I thought these would be cute for the boys to bring to their teachers on Valentine's.  Here's what I came up with:



I was really happy with how the little matchbox came out!  I tried to pull the hearts and the dots from the inspiration photo for both of my projects.  I saw a card I really liked by Jenny Peterson where she punched out hearts for her card and I just had to try it.  I love the look!


Here's a picture of the inside of the matchbox.  I covered the little chocolate nuggets (after I ate a few) with Patterned DSP.  Aren't they cute?!

  
I embossed a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock and then layered the ribbon around the outside sleeve of the matchbox.  I tied it together with another little strip of ribbon and then topped it off with a rhinestone jewel.  What better for Valentine's?  Chocolate AND jewels!  :) 

Wait until you see the other SCIC Design Team creations this week!  Make sure and stop by Stampin' Celebration and check it out!  You have until next Tuesday to upload your project and a chance to be the Pick of the Party! 


Products Used:
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Patterns Designer Series Paper
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Filled with Love
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink (from my Classic Stampin' Spots Getting Started Collection)
Punch:  XL Full Heart, XL Heart to Heart, Eyelet Border
Ribbon:  Stitched-Poly Ribbon in Blushing Bride, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Early Espresso, 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Early Espresso
Other:  Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals, Big Shot Matchbox Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder


Don't forget that you can earn FREE products during Sale-a-Bration for every $50 purchase!  You can shop anytime from my Stampin' Up! online store.  Or, come to my Crazy 4 Cards Class this Friday, place a minimum $20 order, and receive your class for free!


Got Ribbon?!  Don't forget about my Ribbon Share - get a sampling of your favorite ribbon to match all of your projects!  Click here for details.

Thanks for stopping by!



















2 comments:

Mimi said...

Now that's a really cute idea....adorable!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

lvoe the prjects, but i really wanna just reach through the screen and eat up all the yumminess on the pic!! lol