Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lovin' the Neutrals

Hi!

I created this layout using My Digital Studio last night of my sweet son.  This layout combines two scrapbooking challenges that I found.  I just love challenges to get my creative juices flowing!  First, I used the sketch from MDS Monday.  Secondly, I played along with the digi scrapbooking challenge over at SCS where we were to create a layout using neutral colors.  Here is what I came up with:


Not the best quality photos I know... but how could I not scrapbook them?!

The MDS Monday challenge also suggested that we try to use cropped embellishments on our layout.  I  cropped the top part of the sentiment and then the bottom part before I combined it again.... so I could get the two different colors that I wanted together.  Sound confusing?  I made a YouTube video to show you what I did.  :)

Disclaimer:  I'm new to the whole YouTube thing so go easy on me as the beginning of the audio was cut out... but the dogs weren't barking, my phone didn't ring, my calendar reminders didn't pop up on my computer screen... etc.  So, I didn't re-do it.  LOL!



Let me know if you have any questions about creating in MDS.



And don't forget about the new monthly craft kit program - The Paper Pumpkin!  Click the link above for more details and to sign up today! Register in January and receive a FREE gift from me once your first kit ships! (You will be prompted to enter your demo's name/state - Cori Kozak/GA).  Email me with your mailing address once you've registered! Kits begin shipping in March - only $19.95 which includes shipping!  You'll receive all of the stamps, ink, paper and embellishments you need to create super cute projects each month!

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great, creative day!

Reminders:
Signature - Tree

3 comments:

jjcreations said...

Oh what a lucky Mom to have this precious moment recorded - and scrapped. I love your use of the neutral colours with our sketch. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

Heidi Baks said...

I love Downtown Grunge! Very cute page, and I love the strips for an embellishment under the photos. I need to start shooting videos... oh sigh. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Great photos! You're right, they needed to be scrapped :) I love the strips of paper along the bottom. Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday this week!