Monday, November 21, 2016

The Radiation Table


I had a handsome chauffeur to radiation today. I had to start taking some pain meds so figured maybe I shouldn't be operating a motorize vehicle - safety first, lol. They let my son come back and see the radiation machine. So of course I had to take a picture. Only two more times on that thing! Woot!!


When I first found out I needed radiation I wanted to know what this thing looked like beforehand. So maybe someone will stumble upon this little blog and find some comfort in it. The actual treatment is quick and painless. I lay on there and the amazing radiation techs get me all lined up (by my bum tattoos - yep, haven't mentioned that to y'all!) Once that's done I lie there for maybe 4-5 minutes. On my stomach, with my naked bum in the air, with a full bladder (to push my healthy colon out of the way to prevent a future bowel obstruction) trying not to move at all. That's it! The machine rotates, makes some noise and does it's thing. I just lay there repeating, "By His stripes I am healed", over and over in my head. I know God's got this!

Ok one more picture:


My other son was out and about and texted me this photo! How funny is that? Someone had a fists up for Cori decal on their car!! Crazy! People are awesome!

Have a great day!
xoxo

Signature - Tree

No comments: